Oct 15, 2014
SkyCube is a tool kit & shader library for generating HDR panorama images (skybox, crosses or cubemap) from your scene or imported HDR file and transfer them to HDR IBL diffuse and HDR specular IBL cubemaps for image-based lighting in Unity. It gives you a solution to use 8bits texture to encode HDR information and simulate 32bits HDR result.
In this tool you can easily control rendering, diffuse convolution(Blur reflection), converting, and export panorama file into various format HDR skymap or cubemaps. Also a full custom shaders library pacakge are included for HDR IBL rendering.
For this version, the major change is the new feature: Support Radiance HDR(.hdr) file import as a HDR source.
That mean you can import any HDR Panrorama image in SkyCube and convert it to your scene as a HDR cubemap or skymap.
>View New Feature Demo
(Better open it in IE)
• New Feature: New way to import HDR map by import Radiance HDR(.hdr) file as a HDR source.
• New Feature: Support import various panoramas format: Horizontal Cross, Vertical Cross, NVidia DDS, XSI Strip, Spherical Map, Light Probe Map.
• New Feature: Auto detective the type of imported panoramas map.
• New Feature: Customize how big HDR range you want to convert to RGBM HDR map from imported Radiance HDR file.
• Bug Fixed: Fixed the issue of Corrupted Unity Cubemap asset if you didn’t export cubemap before you closed the tool.
• Bug Fixed: Fixed cubemap sample seam issue when used Linear filter to do the diffuse convolution in low quality
• Bug Fixed: Fixed RGBM Sky shader bugs.
>View Interactive HDR Demo
(Better open it in IE)
For more detail about the Demo please check manual or SKyCube page.
VER 2.0 FEATURES
• Support to import Radiance HDR(.hdr) file as a source of HDR Map
• Render-to-cubemap tools
• High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering
• Linear and Gamma Space rendering support
• Panorama convolution tools
• RGBM encoded textures (32bit bitmap HDR)
• Rendering as Skymap or Cubemap
• Export to various panoramas format: Unity Cubemap, Split Cube Face, Horizontal Cross, Vertical Cross, NVidia DDS, XSI Strip, Spherical Map, Light Probe Map
• Preview before export
• Export channel selection
• Export format: PNG32bit and TGA32bit
SHADER & SCRIPT FEATURES
• DX and GLSL support
• HDR rendering (base RGBM decode)
• Diffuse & specular image-based lighting
• Per-pixel blurry reflection
• Library of HDR shaders function
• Support various panoramas formats for skymap and cubemap
• Camera Exposure Value control for HDR scene production and preview
• Full shader source and samples included