April 14, 2015
SkyCube is a tool kit & shader library for generating HDR panorama images (skybox, crosses or cubemap) from your scene or imported HDR file and transfer them to HDR IBL diffuse and HDR specular IBL cubemaps for image-based lighting in Unity. It gives you a solution to use 8bits texture which encode HDR information(RGBM) to allow it be saved and simulate 32bits HDR result efficiency in Unity3D.
In this tool you can also filter your HDR panorama map to make diffuse convolution or blur reflection, converting, and export panorama file into various format HDR skymap or cubemaps.
From version 3.0 with new feature “Fast Sample” to let you generate blur reflection in high sample just a second. And support to generate pre-baked Specular Chain in Mipmap base on your glossiness setting.
For this version, the major change is the new feature: Support Radiance HDR(.hdr) file import as a HDR source.
That mean you can import any HDR Panrorama image in SkyCube and convert it to your scene as a HDR cubemap or skymap.
V3.0 RELEASE NOTE
• New Feature: Unity5 Compatible
• New Feature: Fast Sample to generate blur reflection in high sample just a second.
• New Feature: Baking Specular Glossiness Chain in Mipmap.
• Bug Fixed: Fixed HDR maximum range update issue in both mode.
>View Specular Chain HDR Demo
(Better open it in IE)
For more detail about the Demo please check manual or SKyCube page.
VER 3.0 FEATURES
• Unity5 Compatible
• Fast Sample for high quality blur reflection
• Baking Specular Glossiness Chain in Mipmap
• Support to import Radiance HDR(.hdr) file as a source of HDR Map
• Render-to-cubemap tools
• High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering
• Linear and Gamma Space rendering support
• Panorama convolution tools with Spherical Harmonics
• RGBM encoded textures (32bit bitmap HDR)
• Rendering as Skymap or Cubemap
• Export to various panoramas format: Unity Cubemap, Split Cube Face, Horizontal Cross, Vertical Cross, NVidia DDS, XSI Strip, Spherical Map, Light Probe Map
• Preview before export
• Export channel selection
• Export HDR as LDR with customized exposure and gamma
• Export format: PNG32bit and TGA32bit
SHADER & SCRIPT FEATURES
• Mipmap specular chain sample
• DX and GLSL support
• HDR rendering (base RGBM decode)
• Diffuse & specular image-based lighting
• Per-pixel blurry reflection
• Library of HDR shaders function
• Support various panoramas formats for skymap and cubemap
• Camera Exposure Value control for HDR scene production and preview
• Full shader source and samples included