SkyCube RT: Real-time IBL HDR Cubemap Rendering Tools & Shader Library is a tool with shader library for in-game real-time HDR/LDR image base rendering solution. It renders cubemap with specular chain in real-time and cost less than standard cubemap rendering. It is a perfect solution for the case when you want use the same environment map for different glossiness objects/materials.
Please note, this tool has already been included in Skycube 3.5. If you had already purchased Skycube you don’t need to get this standalone version, please check Skycube and update it.
The tool orients Unity4.5.x and compatible Unity5.x. And it will render cubemap with specular chain at the same time (in real-time rendering), it means you can access different roughness reflections in one cubemap and also can use them in one object, for example, like multi-layer reflection material.
You also can easily modify your shader to support HDR Rendering by reference these sample shader and use functions of library.
For more detail please check manual which attached in package.
In this demo, you can see real-time HDR reflection result with different IBL materials. The ball will keep moving and you can use W,A,S,D to move camera and also use mouse to navigate view direction to observe it. In this demo the cubemap updates one face in one frame and calculate specular chain once after all 6 faces updated.
Please note, if you want to open it in Chrome, you maybe need to enable NPAPI in chrome by: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
If you cannot view this demo in your browser you can also check the demo video: http://youtu.be/7GMmelHbB-U
Different exposure (use – and + key to control):
You can find sample shaders and materials in this scene that show you how to use HDR Cubemap and Skymap on your shader.
• Unity5 Compatible
• RGBM High Dynamic Range (HDR) rendering
• Realtime Mipmap specular chain sample
• Realtime HDR/LDR Reflection Rendering
• Realtime Roughness HDR/LDR Reflection
• Smoothy cubemap update
• Linear and Gamma Space rendering support
• Easily use in any shaders
SHADER & SCRIPT FEATURES
• Mipmap specular chain sample
• DX and GLSL support
• HDR rendering (base RGBM decode)
• Diffuse & specular image-based lighting
• Per-pixel blurry reflection
• Library of HDR shaders function
• Camera Exposure Value control for HDR scene production and preview
• Full shader source and samples included
• Version 1.0 (Jun 04, 2015)